Even without web hosting, the registrar (Godaddy) allows for you to redirect traffic to another URL.
The HTTPS domain will only be used as redirect domain.
The visitor will be redirected through that domain to another HTTPS domain with a website.
How do I redirect a domain to another domain?
Redirecting a new domain or subdomain
- Navigate to the Manage Domains page. The Manage Domains page opens.
- Click the Add Hosting to a Domain / Sub-Domain button.
- Scroll down to the ‘Redirect’ section.
- Enter the information in the following fields:
- Click the Redirect this domain button to complete the set up.
Is domain forwarding free?
Domain Forwarding is Free with your registration or renewal. Register your domain for multiple years to take advantage of this free service. With Domain Forwarding, your domain name is forwarded to an existing website and a visitor’s browser displays the existing website’s URL in the address bar.
How do I redirect a domain on Wix?
To set up a 301 redirect from one domain to another domain click here.
To set up a 301 redirect:
- Go to Settings in your site’s dashboard.
- Click the SEO tab.
- Scroll down to Advanced SEO Settings.
- Under Manage 301 Redirects click Get Started.
- Enter the URL extension of your old page (e.g., /about) under Old Page.
Can two domains point to the same IP?
It is not possible to provide two domain names for the same Server IP address and get two different SSL certificates (one for each domain name). Also note that the use of Host Headers (which is how you can use a single IP for more than one SSL enabled domain) is not recommended for E-Commerce sites.