For your custom URL to map to your site on new Google Sites, you need to create a CNAME entry with your domain host, like Google Domains, GoDaddy, or InMotion.
Type in the host name ghs.googlehosted.com.
This will point your URL to your Google site.
Can I use my own domain with Google sites?
You can use a domain name (like example.com) that you already own for your new Google site. If you’ve had a website on your domain for a while and it appears when you search for your business on Google, your new Google site can use your existing domain name.
How do I add my own domain to Google sites?
Create a CNAME record in Google Domains
- Sign in to Google Domains.
- Select the name of your domain.
- In the left navigation panel, click DNS.
- Scroll down to Custom resource records.
- Create a CNAME record with the following inputs:
- Click Add to save the record.
How do I create a website with my own domain name?
Creating a website
- Register your domain name. Your domain name should reflect your products or services so that your customers can easily find your business through a search engine.
- Find a web hosting company.
- Prepare your content.
- Build your website.
- Useful tips for creating a website.
- Also consider
How do I change my URL on Google sites?
To change the root URL, go to Manage Site and then Web Address. If you later change the page title to Contact Us, the URL will not change automatically. Follow these directions to change it: sign in to your site at sites.google.com.