How to Access the Site Using Domain Name Instead of localhost in IIS
- Open IIS (Click WIN+R, enter inetmgr in the dialog and click OK.
- Expand the Server node and click on the Sites folder.
- Click on Add Website in the Actions pane.
- Enter the details in the Add Website window as follows.
- Click on Ok to create the website.
How do I change my localhost IP address to IIS?
In a way, it is already; it’s just that ‘localhost’ corresponds to the IP address 127.0.0.1. If you open your IIS Manager, find your site, and choose ‘edit bindings’, then change the IP address from 127.0.0.1 to ‘all unassigned’, it should respond on all IP addresses that relate to that machine.
How do I point my domain to IIS?
Adding a Domain Name in Microsoft IIS 7
- Log in to your IIS server using Remote Desktop.
- Once logged into Remote Desktop click Start, select Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Under the Connections menu, right-click the server name, and then click Add Web Site.
- Enter the following:
- Click OK.
How do I change my domain name from localhost to Visual Studio?
- Right click your web project.
- Select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Web tab.
- Click Create Virtual Directory (You may need to be running as Administrator) to do this.
- Open up: %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\IISExpress\config\applicationhost.config.
How do I change my localhost IP?
To access the server from itself, use http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1/ . To access the server from a separate computer on the same network, use http://192.168.X.X where X.X is your server’s local IP address. You can find the sever’s local IP address (assuming it’s Linux) by running hostname -I .