How do I create an MX record?
Adding an MX Record
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an MX record for.
- Click Manage DNS Records, in the DNS column.
- Here you will add the desired MX record, provided by your host. Select MX from the Type drop-down menu.
Can you have multiple MX records?
You can have more than one MX record … but generally they are all at the same provider and multiple definitions are used only for redundancy.
What should MX record point to?
Mail Exchange (MX) records are DNS records that are necessary for delivering email to your address. In simple DNS terms, an MX record is used to tell the world which mail servers accept incoming mail for your domain and where emails sent to your domain should be routed to.
How do I change my MX record in DNS?
Add a New MX Record
- In the DNS Zone Editor, select the domain you’re modifying from the drop-down box.
- Scroll down to Add DNS Record and enter information in the following fields: Host Record. Enter the domain you’re modifying. In most cases, you simply need to type the @ symbol.
- Click Add Record to finish the process.