To fix Error 550, enable authentication in the e-mail client program: Microsoft Outlook Express on Windows:
- Under Tools select Accounts.
- Select account name > Click Properties.
- Click the Servers tab.
- Check My Server Requires Authentication check box and the adjacent settings button.
What is a 550 error in Outlook email?
It usually occurs when you try to send emails through your Outlook account and the email message encounters a relay error. The email returns back without being delivered with a 550 error message. In other words, the error code 550 means that your SMTP server was not able to deliver the sent email to the user.
What does a 550 error code mean?
550 Blocked error or 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable is an SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) error code. Put simply, this message means that the email you sent was blocked by the recipient’s email hosting server, and returned to you.
How do I fix a relay access denied in Outlook?
How to fix Relay Access Denied Error in Mail.
- Verify Mail Server Settings and Account Credentials.
- Enable SMTP User Authentication & Secure Connection.
- Verify Email Settings with your Email Provider & Scan for Viruses.
- Check if your Mail Server or your Domain is Listed at SPAM (BLOCK) lists.
How do I fix undeliverable emails in Outlook?
To resolve this behavior, verify the availability of your Internet Mail server and resend the message.
To do this:
- Open the Undeliverable message in your Inbox.
- On the Tools menu, click Send Again.
- When the original message appears, click Send on the Tools menu.