You can use the ABS function to remove the minus sign (-) from a negative number.
Excel has no built-in function to calculate the nth root of a number.
To calculate the nth root of a number, simply raise that number to the power of 1/n.
How do you calculate under root in Excel?
Top 5 Ways to Calculate SQUARE Root in Excel
- POWER(number, power)
How do I make a square root symbol in Excel?
=UNICHAR(8730) gives the square root symbol in Microsoft Excel. Go to Insert Tab and click the Symbol from the Symbols group.
You can use the square root symbolbinthe following way:
- Select the cell you want to insert the square root symbol.
- Click on Insert tab, then select Symbols tab.
- Choose the square root symbol.
How do you take the square root of a negative number in Excel?
Use SQRT Function To Find Square Root of A Number In Excel
If you pass the negative number to SQRT function, then it shows #NUM! error. So, it is always recommended to use ABS function along with SQRT function as shown below. ABS function converts negative number to positive number i.e; absolute number.
How do you type a square root?
For word processors, you can:
- Copy and paste the following square root symbol into your document: √
- if your keyboard has a number pad, hold down the [Alt] button and type 251.