How do I redirect a domain to an IP address?
Update my domain’s IP Address for forwarding
- Click a domain name in the list below to go to its DNS Management page:
- At the bottom of the Records section, click Add and select A from the drop-down list.
- Complete the other fields:
- Click Save.
How do I redirect a domain?
Redirecting a new domain or subdomain
- Navigate to the Manage Domains page. The Manage Domains page opens.
- Click the Add Hosting to a Domain / Sub-Domain button.
- Scroll down to the ‘Redirect’ section.
- Enter the information in the following fields:
- Click the Redirect this domain button to complete the set up.
Can an A record point to another domain?
You can add a CNAME (alias) record to your DNS (Domain Name System) zone file for a domain registered with GoDaddy. CNAME records use a domain prefix, such as blog.coolexample.com to point to another domain name, or URL. To add a subdomain that points to an IP address, you can add a subdomain.
Can one IP address have multiple domain names?
IP addresses are like telephone numbers, and domain names are like the names of people. Just as several people in the phone book can share a telephone number, several domain names can share the same IP address. Some websites use multiple domain names to receive a higher end-user traffic, by means of the 301 redirect.