Disk cleanup in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select OK.
- Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
How do I remove unnecessary storage from my computer?
Free up drive space in Windows 10
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > System > Storage .
- Select Temporary files in the storage breakdown.
- Windows will take a few moments to determine what files and apps are taking up the most space on your PC.
- Select all the items you want to delete, and then select Remove files.
What files can I delete to free up space?
8 quick ways to clear up drive space in Windows 10
- Empty the Recycle Bin. When you delete items, like files and photos, from your PC, they don’t immediately get deleted.
- Disk Cleanup.
- Delete temporary and downloaded files.
- Turn on Storage Sense.
- Save files to a different drive.
- Disable hibernate.
- Uninstall apps.
- Store files in the cloud — and only in the cloud.
How do I reduce disk usage in Windows 10?
Suggested clip · 119 seconds
How To Fix 100% Disk Usage in Windows 10 (2019) – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I delete unnecessary files in Windows 7?
- Open “My Computer.” Right-click on the drive that you want to clean and select “Properties” at the bottom of the menu.
- Select “Disk Cleanup.” This can be found in the “Disk Properties Menu.”
- Identify the files you wish to delete.
- Delete unnecessary files.
- Go to “More Options.”
- Finish Up.