How to Start a Security Agency in Florida
- Download the free 126 page ebook entitled How to Start A Security Guard Company.
- Get the Class “B” Security Agency License application packet.
- Locate an available business address in which to place an office.
- Meet the individual licensing qualifications.
- Purchase a commercial general liability policy.
How do I start a private security company?
What are the requirements to start my own security company?
- Private Patrol Operator License.
- Qualifications for Working as a Security Officer. Applicants generally have to be at least 25 years old.
- Completing an Application.
- Obtain Permits.
- Obtaining Liability Insurance.
- Financial Backing.
- Find Companies.
- Maintain Your Reputation.
How much does it cost to start a security company?
According to SecurityOfficerHQ, starting a security company costs about $7,500 in upfront investment for insurance, shared office space for six months, licensing and legal registrations, equipment, marketing and website development, and contingency fund. BPlans estimates startup costs at closer to $77,000.
What license do I need to open a security company?
What Licenses Are Needed to Start a Security Company?
- General Business License. A general business license is required by each state, city or other governmental jurisdiction for any type of business.
- Security Service License.
- Security Guard/Officer License.
- Service Vendor’s License.
- Firearm License/Permit.
How do I register as a security guard company?
What are the steps to start a security guard company?
- STEP 1: Plan your Business.
- Form a legal entity.
- Register for taxes.
- Open a business bank account.
- Set up business accounting.
- Obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- Get Business Insurance.
- Define your brand.