- Is couponing really worth it?
- Does using coupons really save money?
- Do stores lose money from extreme couponing?
- Can you still do extreme couponing?
- What stores are best for extreme couponing?
- Are stockpile sales illegal?
- How can I get coupons for free?
- How do I use coupons to save the most money?
- Does Walmart do double coupons?
- Why do stores allow extreme couponing?
- Is extreme couponing illegal?
- Is buying coupon inserts illegal?
- What stores do double coupons?
- How do you do extreme couponing?
- Where do extreme couponers get all their coupons?
Is Couponing Really Worth It?
Trolling for discounts can save your family money, but it’s not for everyone.
If you don’t have the time, space, buying habits, or inclination, the couponing process will cause more headaches than it is worth.
Take our quiz to see whether you’re better off clipping — or skipping.
Is couponing really worth it?
After all, most coupons don’t usually have a face value of more than $1 and, quite often, they’re worth far less. But done properly, couponing can save you thousands of dollars every year. Here’s how to get the most out of your couponing efforts so you can save big in 2018.
Does using coupons really save money?
But people are also printing coupons online, entering coupon codes during an online checkout, and using mobile offers and apps to save. In three studies, they found that “coupons for premium-priced products can actually make consumers spend more money than they would have spent in the absence of coupons.”
Do stores lose money from extreme couponing?
You’ll be happy to know that your store doesn’t lose a dime when you use coupons. In fact, they make more money when you use coupons to save. The next time you’re clipping coupons, read the fine print on one. I save money and the store makes more money.
Can you still do extreme couponing?
Extreme couponing is possible — but may be challenging in practice. Couponers were excited (at first) when the TLC program Extreme Couponing was aired and it motivated a lot of people to try their hand at scoring hundreds of dollars in food for next to nothing.
What stores are best for extreme couponing?
Make sure to download the free Krazy Coupon Lady app and set your favorite stores so that you know when the best deals are available.
- Walmart. Best thing about couponing at Walmart: They allow for coupon overages.
- Dollar Tree.
- Rite Aid.
Are stockpile sales illegal?
And, even if you’re legally allowed to sell your stockpile, you understand the risks, and you’re 100% sure that your storage methods are safe — federal law says it’s illegal for consumers to resell items that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission or by the manufacturer.
How can I get coupons for free?
Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
- Ask friends, relatives and co-workers for their extra coupon inserts.
- Stop by Starbucks or McDonald’s on Sunday afternoons.
- 3. Make friends with someone who delivers newspapers.
- Trade coupons.
- Join Coupon Trains.
- Check your local library.
- Dumpster Dive.
- Pick up coupons at the store.
How do I use coupons to save the most money?
Here are five couponing tips I’ve come to rely on.
- Don’t clip every coupon you see. Just because a coupon gives you 50 cents off an item doesn’t mean you should use it.
- Keep your coupons in a convenient location.
- Combine coupons with sales for even bigger savings.
- Go digital.
- Join your grocery store’s loyalty program.
Does Walmart do double coupons?
Yes! Walmart will accept printable coupons, manufacturer coupons, competitor coupons, soft drink caps, and Catalinas. However, they do not accept: Double or twice the value coupons (Some Walmart’s consider twice the value coupons competitor coupons and will accept them.)
Why do stores allow extreme couponing?
Retailers do make money by turning in the coupons, but they also have to turn in the sales receipts for each transaction in order to get their monies to make sure that the coupon was used for that product. Stores will allow extreme couponing if the couponer uses them as they are INTENDED for.
Is extreme couponing illegal?
Some popular extreme couponing practices are unethical or illegal.
Is buying coupon inserts illegal?
It’s illegal to sell coupons. It is not illegal to purchase coupons from a legitimate coupon clipping service that charges for clipping the coupons, however. Selling coupons is a violation of the “nontransferability clause” which is printed on every coupon.
What stores do double coupons?
- Buehlers (doubles up to $0.99)
- FoodLand Stores.
- Houchens (doubles up to $0.50)
- Kroger (like so many southern states, Kroger no longer accepts double coupons)
- Meijer (except Owensboror, doubles up to $0.99 with a limit of 2 identical coupons)
- Piggly Wiggly.
- Remke Markets (in Northern Kentucky. double up to $1.00)
How do you do extreme couponing?
How-to: Become an extreme couponer
- Step 1: Start collecting coupons. There are many places to find coupons.
- Step 2: Buy a binder and get organized. Organization is key to becoming an extreme couponer.
- Step 3: Research store policies.
- Step 4: Learn how coupons work.
- Step 5: Look for the deals.
- Step 6: Start saving money.
Where do extreme couponers get all their coupons?
Extreme couponers get their coupons from a number of different sources, from coupon apps like these to websites, newspaper inserts, stores and many other places. While they do get those high value coupons, they also get regular coupons.