The 5 Most Reliable Hard Drives
- Western Digital Red.
- Toshiba HDWQ140XZSTA.
- HGST HUH728080ALE600.
- Seagate ST10000NM0086.
- Western Digital Black.
As Robin Harris reported here in April, Backblaze eventually pulled the 3TB Seagate drives out of service. Historically, HGST (formerly Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, but now owned by Western Digital) hard drives have been by far the most reliable, but in 2015, Backblaze still went for Seagate.Is 4TB Internal Hard Disk Drives The Most Reliable?
- Overall from all different capacities the 4TB capacity is the most reliable, with lowest failure rates.
- We will look at four biggest brands – Seagate, Western Digital, HGST and Toshiba.
- For new the number one – most reliable hard drive brand is HGST, with 1.3% failure rate from more than 11 000 internal hard drives.
5 Most Reliable Hard Drives
- Western Digital Red. Image Credit: Amazon.
- Toshiba MD04ABA400V. Image Credit: Newegg.
- HGST HUH728080ALE600. Image Credit: Amazon.
- Seagate ST8000DM002. Image Credit: Amazon.
- Western Digital Black. Whereas the WD Red line is aimed at a NAS application, the WD Black line is geared toward high performance.
What is the most reliable external hard drive?
Western Digital My Passport Wireless SSD
|Product||CalDigit Tuff||ADATA HD830 External Hard Drive|
|Lowest Price||See it $179.99 MSRP||See it $109.99 MSRP|
|Best For||Extreme Conditions||Outdoorsy Photographers, Videographers|
|Storage Capacity (as Tested)||2 TB||2 TB|
3 more rows
What brand hard drive is the best?
- Best hard drive: Seagate BarraCuda.
- Best high capacity hard drive: Toshiba X300.
- Best budget hard drive: WD Blue Desktop.
- Best hybrid hard drive: Seagate Firecuda Desktop.
- Best NAS hard drive: Seagate IronWolf NAS.
- Best laptop hard drive: Seagate FireCuda Mobile.
- Best game console hard drive: WD My Book.
How long will my hard drive last?
A Hard Drive’s Life Span
Generally speaking, you can rely on your hard drive for three to five years on average. The online backup company BackBlaze analysed the failure rates of their 25,000 running hard drives. They found that 90% of hard drives survive for three years, and 80% for four years.
Is Seagate better than WD?
However, Seagate drives come in both cheaper and faster, though only marginally – an 8TB Barracuda (Amazon) drive sells for around AU$50 cheaper than Western Digital’s 6TB offering. If you want better performance from a hard drive, Seagate offers a HDD/SSD hybrid range, the Firecuda SSHD.