Thrift Store Flipping: 15 Best Items to Resell for Profit
- Name Brand Clothing. Name brand clothing is one of the best thrift store items to flip for a profit.
- Frames. Another item to look out for at the thrift store is frames.
- Books. Books are one of the best thrift store items to resell for a few reasons:
- Pyrex Dishes and Cookware.
- Older Technology.
- Video Games.
What are the best items to resell?
Here are the best (and easiest) things to buy and resell for a profit.
- Shoes. Maja Hitij /Staff/Getty Images Europe.
- Vintage Electronics. Axel Bueckert/EyeEm/Getty Images.
- Video Games and Consoles. Miguel Sanz/Moment/Getty Images.
- Collectible Toys. altmodern/E+/Getty Images.
- Ink and Toner Cartridges.
- Brand Name Clothes.
What are the easiest things to flip?
Here’s where you can find the easiest things to flip for profit:
- Thrift stores (Goodwill, Savers, St. Vincent DePaul, church and community run stores)
- Used building supply stores (Habitat for Humanity)
- Church sales.
- Rummage, yard, and garage sales.
- Library and university book sales.
Is owning a thrift store profitable?
The average profit on thrift stores is pretty low because of all the costs to having a physical location. For-profit thrift stores pay taxes of up to 30% on profits and then owners pay taxes again on their income. You can save a lot of this money by making your thrift store a limited liability corporation (LLC).
What can I buy and resell for a profit?
Here are the best items to buy and sell for a profit
- Books. Probably the simplest and most popular items that are being bought used and flipped for a profit are books.
- Sporting Goods.
- Video Game Consoles.
- Furniture Made of Solid Wood.
- Picture Frames.